leaving.

"He gave me my eyes that I may see the color of butterfly wings..."
8.21.11
Oh I know those words well... one of my favorite primary songs, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," wrapped up my summer in Lund. Lucky me, I got to sing it as a solo in church on my last day at home. I was so nervous. But that day was great--everything about it. The smiling faces at church, that amazing lesson on sacrifice, the wispy clouds in the bright blue sky, that giant field of sun flowers, and yes, the color of butterfly wings.

I was sad to leave. Like really sad. Nychea made me cry at the door dang it. And I drove that six hours by myself back to Reno. I left behind the wide open spaces, the amazing Sunday dinners, my mom being at an arms length away, a job I really loved, and that security you always feel when you're at home.


I'm going to miss my family a lot. I used to want to be so far away, but now all I want is to be closer. I am so grateful, though, that I got to be home this summer. I needed that so much. I loved every minute of it--even chasing the piglets when they got out. Those little oinkers.


Some positives about a six hour drive alone:

-you can stop and take pictures and no one complains.
-you get to play your music as loud as you want and sing as loud as you want, too.
-you notice how beautiful--oh I don't know--EVERYTHING, is.
-you can think a lot.
-yeah, I'm fresh out of positives at this point.

So I'm back! 

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 by Keisha Marie
Categories: , , , , | 1 comment

One Comment

  1. Girl, you are GORGEOUS!!!

Leave a Reply